Thursday, August 08, 2013

TravelTalk - Krakow - First 48 hours.

Aloha everyone,
 
I can't believe that it has been nearly 48 hours here in Krakow - meaning I have 5 days to go.
 
Ok, most of you will probably be disappointed with what I will have to say, but hey - to each his own.  My first 48 hours in Krakow has been pretty cool - as in chill because of various factors.
 
First, I got lost going into the city - probably due to state of disillusion, heat and dehydration.  For those of you who follow me on Facebook, you know that I walked from my room in Madrid to the airport - at 4am in the morning, of course after getting to the airport in 45 minutes, I'd then have to wait until the flight departed at 0645.  I did make it to Krakow safe, but it has been really, really hot the past couple of days, in fact right now it is 27C and it is 0130 in the morning.
 
One of the videos which I will shoot for you guys is how to get from the airport to the city of Krakow, considering I got lost, its the least I can do.  Here in Krakow, it has been really hot, so I've been spending most of my morning and afternoons laying low, resting and even sleeping.  Today, to avoid the heat of 37C, I read a book at the park and watched a movie in the movie theater.  It has been insanely hot, I blew my nose and it started bleeding, and even with the water I drank I still have been quite dehydrated. 
 
Yesterday, after landing and sleeping, I went to a CouchSurfing weekly meeting here in Krakow - it was really cool - there were about 60 people and I got to socialize for a bit.
 
Videos are coming... I plan to shoot some videos of my hostel, Krakow and even interview Couchsurfers!  Sort of introduce you to my world of traveling and daily living.
 
Ok, so far, I like Krakow, it has been really hot, but nearly everyone speaks English and it easy to get around - once you figure out the tram, train, fast train system. 
 
Yeah, it is 0145 in the morning and I do have to check out at 11 - arrgghh.. hahahaa
Thanks for listening and talk to you soon.
 
CHECK OUT MY YOUTUBE VIDEOS HERE: http://www.youtube.com/user/hawaiiinsomniac/videos Mahalo for reading. Until next time.

No comments: