Thursday, August 22, 2013

TravelTalk - Fatigue (and future plans)

After almost 3 months of traveling, I can honestly say I am tired.  With exactly 3 more weeks to go, I can honestly say I am tired. I must be tired -  I am repeating myself.

Perhaps it's all the flying.
Perhaps it's sensory overload.
Perhaps it's the non constant of everyday life.
Perhaps I just want to sleep in my own bed.
Perhaps, I want to be around friends.
Perhaps, its about worrying about my budget - with 3 weeks left, I have roughly 800€ of my travel budget.
Perhaps, its being surrounded by tourists.
Well, considering I had no plans about Croatia, I've made some plans. After Split, I am going to the least populated island of Vis - to relax, recharge, read, write, make some phone calls, run (at least pretend to have a normal life)  for 3 days. Then off to adventure and hopefully forget about my travel fatigue.

After Vis, 1 more day in Split, then heading to Zadar, Plitvice Lakes, Zagreb...
That's all my plans for the immediate future. Eventually, I will end up in Budapest to catch my flight to Madrid.

TravelTips - listen to your body. You maybe in a new exciting place, but if you're body is asking for a day of rest and relaxation, treat yourself to exactly that. Whether it's spending the day at the beach, spending the day in your hostel reading, going to watch a movie. It's your holiday. You decide what to do.

Mahalo for reading.
Until next time.

No comments: