Monday, August 26, 2013

TravelTalk - 3 days of unvacation in Vis, Croatia

Yes, I've spent the last 3 days on an unvacation.

Haha,  first of all I guess I should explain what an "unvacation" is.

It's a term I like to use when I am on vacation and I just need a break - and I try to imitate normal life back home.

Yes, I know I am on the island of Vis, but after months of traveling, I just needed an unvacation.

So...  What do I do on an unvacation? First, I cook all of my meals. Breakfast, lunch and dinner. No eating out. I also exercise, running, stretching, abs, etc. I don't focus on sightseeing, just walking around on what's nearby for an afternoon coffee, catching up on emails, paying bills, making phone calls, logistical things, laundry, and what not. Also, avoid the sun, it has been sun in Florida, Las Vegas, California, Hawaii, Madrid, Krakow, and here in Croatia. On an unvacation, no hostels, no couchsurfing -  a private room with a great view has been more than perfect to decompress, gather my thoughts and recharge for the rest of my trip.

Vis is a beautiful place, I could not think of a better place to relax, rest, read, write and to have an unvacation.

I've started writing my book, hopefully I will be finished by April - that is the goal anyways.

Yes, I probably could have spent the last 3 days exploring the island, but I have no regrets about my unvacation.

With that said, here are some pictures of Vis.

Mahalo for reading. Until next time.

No comments: