Sunday, January 29, 2012

HI to FL - Last and First.

Yes, this blog segment is called Last and First... 

(disclaimer, i'm recovering from lack of sleep and a small kine hangover - starting to become a recurring theme... o.O) 

This will be updated with more pictures later... 

Last day in Hawai'i.  

First day in Florida.

What did I do in my last day in Hawaii!?  Quite a lot really.



First, breakfast with my roommate.  I still can't believe we worked together for 6-7 years and live together just as long... 

So where would we go!? Zippy's of course!  Portuguese sausage, eggs and rice.  So delicious...


After our hugs and goodbyes, it was time to get in BEAST packing mode.  More or less it was cleaning everything out (which was mostly already done) and then packing everything else into the boxes.

Then I picked up Maya and headed off to our lunch!  Nothing says, delicious lunch than putting on a hat and sipping on some tea - at A Cup of Tea in Kailua.

I've been there once before and it was as cool as I remember, good sandwiches, great tea, scones were yummy (especially with their jam)


When lunch was over, it was time to head over to my house and pack up!  Maya and I took everything out of the house and into the pickup truck.  

Weird part is, it started to sync in... I won't be coming back here for a while... 

Well, there wasn't much time to think, it was time to head over to Maya's house, drop off the luggage, and head over to Hawaiian Parasail.

Long story short (for this section anyways), our appointment was at 1400.  We got there at 1355. We left at 1425 - with no parasailing involved.  They were running behind and our schedule didn't allow for tardiness.

Yes... so... heading back to the house and loaded up luggage to pickup truck, dropped off Maya and headed to Alamo rental car.  I'm not sure if this is foreshadowing my experience in the mainland, but I was rather disturbed looking at the situation now.  Basically, I had lots of luggage (7 bags total - 2 carryons, 4 check-in and a bicycle).  I took all the luggages out of the truck into the front of the building, then onto the shuttle, then off the shuttle, then onto 2 airport carts, through agriculture, to the United check in line.  All with no help and people just staring at me.  It was sort of weird, because thinking about it now, I would have offered help.

Then I ran into a United agent, I was like yes... then she instructed me to weigh everything and make sure it was underweight.  3 of my luggages were overweight by 2-3 pounds.  Yes, she had me open the boxes and redistribute things.  Sad part is, all of the United agents were in the back with no customers, just staring.  

After that debacle and I finally got in line.  I ran into a familiar face, but someone I've never met before.  After a hug and hello, she saved my day.  A random act of kindness.  When I was checked in, I went outside to try to find a cigarette and I got quite emotional.  I guess just with lugging everything around, someone helping was all I needed to get me in the emotional roller coaster.

Morales then picked me up at the airport for some Japanese food (which I had udon immediately and took some sushi for the plane).

The flight wasn't really anything exciting to write home about.  Standard flight, my flight landed when my connection started boarding in another terminal... (oh I did sleep most of the flights... LOL).  With the short connection in Chicago, my luggages didn't make it on the flight, cool part is - they delivered them a couple of hours later.


Yup, officially moved into my new home, cool part is, reuniting with my friends - we didn't skip a beat, it was as if nothing happened. 

I'm sure I'll be writing more about our new adventures...

For dinner, we went to a scmancy restaurant with good food and bad service.

Yup, then off to a bar named Detour.  Drank way too much, entered a contest, had way too much fun, and still paying for it.

[insert picture here] lol

Cool part is. Taco Bus was open - delicious food at all hours of the day or night.


Mahalo for reading. 

 Until next time.

No comments: