Friday, January 20, 2012

HI to FL - Crazy Busy.

Wow. I last blogged on Tuesday and yup, so much has happened.

Well, I'm leaving Hawaii in less than a week. Seriously?  Seriously... Seriously!

Ok... so what it do?

It did a lot. o.O

First on Wednesday I had my MBA interview with UH - Manoa.

I didn't realize - how different I was than the other candidates until this interview.  The interview was one on one, but the questions that were asked really made me think about me and the choices I have made in my life.

I recall one of the interview questions was - "What is your biggest accomplishment?"  

I answered - "learning how to ride a bike at 29"

He was in disbelief.  I explained my situation and more or less, it was this moment that I knew I could do anything.  anything I put my mind to.  Fear is not experiencing the unknown and I learned that I facing my fears has really changed my life these past couple of years.

I told him from there, I started doing it all, swimming, surfing, snorkeling and now scuba diving.  Yes, scared 'ol me of the open water (yes Summer - insert outer Hanauma bay face here).

My MBA interview outfit.
Well, after the interview - Jen picked me up from UH and we were celebrating her birthday - so we spent the whole day together.  First was a quick errand and LUNCH time! (Nom nom nom).

I was really quite nervous about the interview, so I didn't eat anything.

For lunch, we went to Sam Choy's - it was yummy.  I had the bento, and it was crazy huge.  This is a Sam Choy bento.


After that, we went to Target (with Starbucks of course - to counteract everything that I just ate), and went back to Kailua, said hi to the doggies (hi tank, tai and toby!), took a power nap, and a couple of hours later, it was dinner time.

Went to Zia's and it was a great mini reunion.  I hadn't seen Leilani in forever!  Yes, stuffing my face with pupus, wine, pasta, garlic bread and dessert. o.O


Well, after that - its BOWLING TIME.

Seriously!?  how FUN is bowling!  I can't believe I hadn't bowled in FOREVER!

I think it may have been over 5 years.  

Weird thing is, I'm a decent bowler. lol I think it was the Corona's after the wine.

I bowled a 124 then a 136! (shut the front door!)


Wow this blog is getting lengthy.  After that, it was almost 10, went back to Jen's place, watched Project Runway - All Stars, passed out.

Next day, had breakfast at Cinnamon's in Kailua.  Took the bus home.  Found a buyer for my car. Went to Scuba Certification (from 1800-2320), then to Jack in the Box (ha ha).

Alright... the next couple of days are crazy busy as well.  It's crunch time!

Hmmm. Reminds me of a picture.  

A friend is a friend that knows - when you say you're ok, to give you a hug and tell you that its going to be ok.  because they can tell that you're not.

I'm ok. 

o_O



Mahalo for reading. 

Until next time.

No comments: