Wednesday, January 04, 2012

Big Island Adventure

Note to self: Buy a waterproof camera.

Staying somewhere without cell phone reception - check.
Being intoxicated on New Years Eve - check.
Realizing the next day (I'm too old for this shit) - check.
Having wine later that day - check.

ha ha. a lot of things happened on this short trip to Hawai'i.  Being bit by mosquitoes, driving around the island, meeting new people, reuniting with old friends, staying at a bed and breakfast, hiking, snorkeling, kayaking to a snorkel spot, hiking up a mountain, eating awesome homecooked food, laughing like there are no problems with the world.  

I am seriously blessed, I had an awesome trip to the big island and got to participate in some awesome activities - I wish I could share some of them with you (see note to self - up top), then again, its probably one of those things that you need to see for yourself.  or go google it - Kealakekua Bay.

We even stayed at a bed and breakfast 1 day - check it out!  http://www.alohaguesthouse.com/ - this place is beyond gorgeous and I can't believe its my 4 or 5th time staying there!

Well, enough rambling for me.  For me, it was great to get away from the city and be in the company of a good friend.  I really didn't miss having my cell phone - I actually might disconnect it when I move.

Alright - picture time, I know most of you are visual people... so here are some pictures.

Plug in - My blog name!

Those evil cosmos on NYE!

A view from Aloha Guest House

Me hiking in the mountains.

Not sure what's so funny. o_O
Mahalo for reading. 

Until next time.

No comments: