Monday, January 16, 2012

Childhood Recollections & MORE Adventures

Growing up, one of the things I never got to experience was celebrate a birthday at Chuck E. Cheese - and I still haven't, but the next closest thing is to go for Rowena's 30th birthday!

Yes, I acted like a big kid (yes - probably like I normally do) and ate pizza, drank coffee, played games and of course... rode in the rides

 Who says you're too old to have a great time at Chuck E. Cheese?

Thanks Eric and Aubrey for driving and Rowena for celebrating your b-day there (what an awesome idea!)!


The next day was crunch day (today) with the special help of a special help (no that kind of special) of Michelle Morales.  We whipped through my things, sorted out many things, packaged many things, even had time for lunch and a power nap.

Of course, that was exhausting... what better way to treat yourself to relaxation than a Deluxe manicure and pedicure at Sophisticated Nails.  Yes, she got all the calluses out of my running feet!

Then off to Himalayan food!  How delish... I think it helped that it was B.Y.O.B. and we had lots of bottles of wines!  Needless to say that the food was gone.


As if that wasn't enough... it was time for a late night movie - at the Movie Museum... Not just any movie - a French movie, Monsieur Batignole, movie was great, quick summary, it was about a man (reread title) and Jewish boy during WWII - watch it, it is a touching and endearing story.

All these activities during the weekend!? Banana boating (see previous post), BBQing, eating dim sum, Chuck E. Cheese, Mani/Pedi, Himalayan Kitchen, Movie Museum.  All of these things are great, but one of the things that I am starting to realize are all of the amazing friends I will be far from once I move to Florida. 

 
Mahalo for reading. 

Until next time.

No comments: