Thursday, July 11, 2013

TravelTalk - So. Cal. (Southern California) - Wrap Up

Sorry for the delay... =]
===
People ask me if I like California and the answer is yes.  I like nearly all the places I have seen in the world, each place is unique with something to offer.  The trick is, don’t look for it so hard, expectations sometimes lead to disappointment.
This trip to California was great, I got to spend a little time with family, meet my nephew (which is quite scary, infants scare me – not really sure why -  I don’t think it is until their toddler and kid stage that I feel comfortable around them), tried some classic yummy food, even got to go fishing and get my teeth cleaned at the dentist (seriously).
For me, memorable parts of trips are the ones that are unexpected.  My desire to walk along the beach, turned into a pleasant surprise with funnel cake, a jazz band and an amazing sunset.  Hanging out with family is always unexpected, from telling stories of the past, catching up with the present and discussing the future.
Ha, even driving for the first time in over a year was quite funk driving down the freeway at 80mph, zipping along with traffic.  Of course, a little shopping as well.
Well, this definitely isn’t the last time I’m going to California – though next time, I’ll have to include a stop in San Diego and San Francisco.

No comments: