Thursday, July 11, 2013

TravelTalk - Oahu, Hawaii - Day 1

My first full day back home in Oahu was quite busy!  My day started off with breakfast with my friend Maura (see pictures below)...

From there, I got a duplicate of my license (since I lost my original), it took only 5 minutes and $6.00.  I love the Satellite City Hall in Hawaii Kai - rarely a line, especially after the 1st morning rush. 

Next stop was hanging out with 2 Spaniards who were visiting from Couchsurfing, so I was going to Hanauma Bay anyways, so I took them along and gave them a little tour as well.  Many of the pictures below are from Hanauma Bay...  After snorkeling, we went to Costco - the cheapest place for a meal anywhere in the United States - $1.50 for a hotdog and a drink (unlimited refills!! hhahaaa).  Maya and Aubrey met me at Costco and then we went to Kahala mall for sushi (yes, back to back meals. hhahahaaha).  A lot of talking story, catching up! After eating and walking and talking and laughing and laughing, we went to Hula's - which had an open mic night and it was surprisingly good with good musicians.  Yeah.. let's just say after that the drinks came, we went to 6?! or more different bars, ran into friends at different places in Waikiki - shoutouts to Hollis and Nathan!

Well, to living the dream.  Haha, I should record more videos - post your ideas in the comment section...

All pictures taken with HTC One X+ and Samsung Galaxy Note II


CHECK OUT MY YOUTUBE VIDEOS HERE: http://www.youtube.com/user/hawaiiinsomniac/videos

Mahalo for reading.

Until next time

1 comment:

Unknown said...

wea da video i shot at diamond head?