Thursday, August 21, 2008

Mortality

MORTALITY
Yesterday, Tyler Reseigh passed away from a very aggressive form of Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma. He was 27. We weren't the closest of friends, more like acquaintances, but I can't help to think about my own mortality especially since I am a year older than him and fighting my own battle. I am struggling to fight the tears as I change my fund raising website from "In Honor of" to "In Memory of". When is it going to be my time to leave? Like Tyler, I am not bitter about our own struggles. For me, I have always chosen to live my life according to my own rules, like my tattoo says "ima wo ikiru-live in the moment". I guess what I am trying to say is don't let life pass you by. If you want to learn how to swim, do it. If you want to learn another language, do it. If you want to travel the world, do it. No one is stopping you except yourself and your own expectations.

My prayers are with Tyler's family through this very difficult time for them.

Rest in Peace, Tyler Reseigh.

Mahalo for reading.

Until next time.