Sunday, April 20, 2008

Spring Cleaning, Travel Plans, Farthest Run, and MORE!!!

Spring Cleaning

I decided it was Spring Cleaning time... Online Spring cleaning. I may have gone overboard, but I don't think most people will notice. I updated my Gmail contacts, I had 996, now down to 78 (I updated everyone's full name). I have deleted myspace, cyworld, yahoo, picturetrail, friendster, WAYN and ringo accounts. With all of the online technology available today, I just find that people create false sense of relationships. Is the friend on your top 8 a friend if you leave each other 1000s of comments, but never talk on the phone? My answer is no. As much as I love technology, there are certain things that takes things too far. Yes, I am guilty of blogging about my life, or writing heartfelt emails to friends, but it doesn't end there. Its supplemented by phone calls, Christmas cards, birthday cards and gifts. Not just a e-greeting. Technology should supplement your life. Not replace it.

Travel Plans

Just to update everyone on my travel plans for the rest of the year! I have a ticket to Argentina in May which I will be postponing. Instead, I am heading to Las Vegas for Memorial Day Weekend. I am taking off the 1st week in June to head to Australia, I decided that I am only going if I can get a buddy pass from someone to head down there. If not, I might just extend my Vegas trip for a week, and head to LA and visit family and friends or head to Maui for a week to clear my head and decide what to do with life. My big trip of the year is to Europe, I have a confirmed ticket to Lisbon, Portugal for September. I haven't 100% decided which other countries I will be visiting.

Farthest Run in 2008...
Saturday morning, I decided to run. Ok, I have to deviate on why I woke up earlier than expected and why I felt the need to run (the answer, relieve stress). On the 15th, I placed an order with Nike.com for new shoes, a singlet, and lots of headbands. Since I spent over $175, I qualified for free shipping. After receiving my order confirmation, I realized that it was for UPS ground, so I called immediately and a gentleman named Mike assisted me. He informed me that since I was in Hawaii, my order was going to be shipped via USPS Priority mail. After leaving him a great feedback, low and behold! I get a tracking number on the 18th that the items have been shipped via UPS ground. Oh, I was livid. Their customer support center was already closed, so I decided to email them. Saturday, I woke up at 6AM! I called Nike. I was informed by the agent since the item have been shipped, there is nothing they can do about it. They can't call UPS and change the shipping to 2 day air - I call BS -, so she didn't offer me any solutions whatsoever, just wait until my items arrive which was expected to be the 28th, which will be later than that because I am in Hawaii. Racking my brain for answers, I came up with a solution! I duplicated my order, had her ship it 2 day air (at no charge), and email me a return label for the other items (also free), after that, I set my Nike + for 10 miles, and yes, I completed 10 miles. I thought i was never going to finish. There was so much headwind on the way home...For some reason the flash isn't working (so i can't post my run), but needless to say, I ran 16.25 Km. I am almost ready for the 1/2 marathon!


MORE (about my weekend)!
Saturday, I checked into my hotel. Yes! I got a hotel for 1 day, because I didn't want to try to find parking in the morning for the AIDS walk. So I checked in, went to the beach, got some sun. Decided I needed to go surfing, so I went surfing. Well, its been 5 months, since I last surfed last, and oh yeah, its something I really miss! After we went surfing, we ate at Chili's. They have a new huge cheeseburger which is awesome! Then we went to Hula's! It was great. It was my first time drinking in ages! I only had 3 drinks though and I was pretty buzzed. After that just went back to the hotel, and pretty much passed out. I woke up at 6:30, as usual, and yup, went surfing, and oh yeah, I got my ass whooped. Great fun! I was riding a 8'9" that didn't have wax on it, but still caught a couple of good waves. Time just really passed me by, I didn't realize what time it was 8. I had to haul ass back to the hotel, grab and shirt and run to Kapiolani park for the AIDS walk.

The AIDS walk was so much fun! There were soooo many people there (see pic), they had everything. A cheerleading group, a warm up session with an instructor, water points, free starbucks, bananas, various booths (I got a pedometer at one), and a grab bag upon finishing. After the walk, ran back to the hotel, checked out, went to Ward, ate a Loco Moco at Big City Diner! Saw an awesome movie, The Forbidden Kingdom! Then went back to the beach for 2 more hours of sun, ate an early dinner at Spaghetti Factory and here we are, doing laundry and getting ready for the week up ahead.

2008 Honolulu AIDS walk pic, this doesn't even show 1/3 of the people there.
Photobucket

Team Max (3 absentees, 1 was drunk, and 2 couldn't find parking)
Photobucket

Picture at the beach on Sunday (yes I am getting dark =^_^=)
Photobucket

Life is good.

Mahalo for reading.

Until next time.

No comments: