Thursday, April 24, 2008

Health... What does it really mean? & Shipping & more running!

Since I came out and announced that I am HIV +, everyone has been asking about my health. What does that really mean, HEALTH? I am sure that everyone wants me to be physically healthy, but how do people define health? and at what costs? Would you just eat what's completely healthy and never satisfy that sugar craving? Is an occasional treat ok? What if it becomes the norm? Does health = true happiness?

My motto is just everything in moderation and burn what you eat. If you're craving sweets, have some. If you're hungry, eat. Don't deny yourself pleasure, when you do, that is when you will binge on it. So.. what's my point... well, here is a sneak peak into what I eat in a normal day.

Breakfast:
If I am running late, I will have a bowl of cereal. If I have time, I love cooking myself a breakfast. I always have a 3 egg omelet (with 1 yolk only), some sort of sausage (whether its a veggie patties or pork links), and 1/2 a bagel (with cream cheese - I like the salmon flavor, as well as strawberry and honey oat)
Photobucket

Snacks:
I never deny myself a snack. NEVER. If my stomach is grumbling, I'll eat. Well, here at my snack choices. All of this is from Costco. I also buy the kids fruit cups that has like 20 fruit cups. I always have my desk stacked, so I don't make any bad choices. I like the fruit cups a lot, and chocolate soy milk also. The snack bar is high in fiber.
Photobucket

Dinner:
I pretty much cook dinner every night of the week. I like a eat a lot of veggies. This took about 10 minutes. I had brown rice (made from before), I just steamed some broccoli, and fried a chicken apple sausage. YUM!
Photobucket

For dessert, I have chocolate soy milk or a cup of sorbet/sherbet, and I never eat past 8:30PM.

Shipping:
Oh no these hoes didn't?! This is why I get charged SOOOO much for shipping. I purchased 25 items from REI. I bought all different kinds of energy gels for running. I wanted to try all different brands, and all different flavors. REI was the only company that had a large single (buffet) selection and affordable prices. The shipping wasn't too bad. But why did you monkey ass send me 1 in a box on its own. It cost $.92, and I was probably charged $5 for shipping. This was the only thing in the box along with a lot of paper. WTF! You really couldn't fit this in the other box with 24 small gels?!
Photobucket

Running:
My run yesterday, my right knee was giving me a really hard time. I had a doctors appointment today, but I canceled it. My knee is feeling a lot better, and I am going to try walking/jogging on it.


Mahalo for reading.

Until next time.

1 comment:

JEMRALINO said...

I like that fruit cup from Costco. I am going to copy you and buy that to bring to work - that way I'll stop eating these damn doritos and cookies my work provides.