Friday, January 10, 2014

Apparently... I LOVE COSMOS...

Update: I had a cosmo here in Spain last night (which may explain why I am still in bed at 2pm), and it was ok. way too sweet, and way too red and overpriced.


Apparently, I love cosmos...

On this past trip, I may have had about 30 cosmos?! No wonder my kidneys hurt...

Let me see... Christmas night - dinner with Sarai - I had probably at least 2.
The next day or the day after... Sarai and I went to three clubs one night.  The first place, I had 2, then at Freezone, at least 6, at Piranha, maybe 3-4 more.
Drinks with Tammy - another 3-4, it was happy hour.
Dinner with my sister - another 2
Drinks with Ty - another 3?!
Dinner with my other sister - 2 more (after drinks with Ty).. 
haha, so what is a cosmo!?

My fascination with Cosmopolitans started with the TV show - Sex in the City.
Yes, you're familiar with the TV Show and yes, they drank a lot... of cosmos (short for Cosmopolitans)...

Finding a good cosmo is quite hard, since most of the ingredients have been substituted with easier to find (and cheaper) ingredients... 

Recipe below.. .there are others, which are good as well, but this one is the best... There's another recipe below that with triple sec which is good as well.

Cosmopolitan**

  • 1½ shots citrus vodka
  • ½ shot Cointreau
  • ¾ shot cranberry juice
  • ½ shot lime juice
  • 2 dashes orange bitters

Cosmopolitan*

1 1/2 oz vodka
3/4 oz triple sec
3/4 oz cranberry juice
1 ozfresh lime juice

*Read more: Cosmo recipe http://www.drinksmixer.com/drink8955.html#ixzz2q1vx1wAE








CHECK OUT MY YOUTUBE VIDEOS HERE: 
http://www.youtube.com/user/hawaiiinsomniac/videos 
 Mahalo for reading. Until next time.

No comments: