Thursday, January 09, 2014

2014 - Relationships: Maintenance mode: Activate!

My nomadic lifestyle doesn't make maintaining relationships easy.  Which is probably why I can't have needy friends... hahaha.  On this trip back to the United States, I felt that I really got to know people more, and not just friends, also even my family members.  While I'm open to meeting new friends, I think 2014 will be doing my best to keep in touch with those on my list of friends.

Did you know that on this past trip, it was the first time I had dinner with my older sister alone? (and I eat out A LOT!) hahaha, yeah, I wish I took a picture of us, but Red Table will be a place I'll remember. We grew up together, but I think this was the first time I really got to know a bit about my sister.. and I can't wait to see her soon... hahaha and my niece and nephew as well... soon he'll be able to walk and I won't be scared of him... O_O 

Yummy Deviled Eggs @ Red Table
Also, it was my first time traveling with a friend.  We always had a connection, but it was cool for us to go and travel together. Probably 1 of 6 people I would consider living with... We met in Hawaii, I hosted her via Couchsurfing, we kept and touch now and then, after 8 years later, we were in the same town in St. Petersburg.  Funny thing is, we have the same birthday and a bit of the same nomadic mannerisms.  I think she's moved more in the past 2 years than I have!  HAHAHA

Here she is in her morning pajamas in front of one of 7 swimming pools at Caesars Palace. 

How random is this meeting!  I posted on social media about my hair and my friend +Ty Cullen  noticed it was taken in Westminster and messaged me!  So here we are having drinks!  Ty and I know each other from San Diego, and us catching up and having drinks was just so easy - like years haven't passed!  It was so great to just talk, catch up... and OMG. I am even surprised we're friends... I have a bit of crude humor and when we first met, I made a joke that was just completely brash... to be honest if someone made that joke towards me, I maybe would flip out (then again - I am the emotional one)... but this just goes to show how easy going TyTy is.  hmmmmm... yeah that's his new nickname. HAHAHAHA.

Ty and I at HM in LB... 
Also, spending time with two of my best friends in Florida, just made me realize how super awesome my friends are and what kind of support system that I have.  (I am going to write about failing in another blog... probably soon because there's a chance I won't be able to sleep due to jetlag)... There's a better picture of us somewhere, but I saw this picture of french toast and it looks yummy. HAHA.  Not to mention, they are always up to try new things, whether its ice skating, cooking something new, recording something... or staying up late playing Monopoly... Miss those girls!


On this particular trip, it was also the first time I got to cook for my family.  It was great!  I made a couple of different things (with various level of success), I am now craving coffee cheesecake (my first time making it and with a recipe I kinda made up... hahaha).  

Vegan Vietnamese - Seriously... it does exist (and super tasty too!) Though I'd stay away from all the drinks - oh and they don't serve alcohol.  This is just the type of place that you can find me and my two friends +Putali Kandel and +arb griffin .  We try new restaurants and try new foods, and talk and catch up! After our dinner, keeping my hair straight as well as obtaining my yoga instructor license and cosmetology license... 

Did I mention try new foods? I'm getting hungry and its past 2am. 

CHECK OUT MY YOUTUBE VIDEOS HERE: 
http://www.youtube.com/user/hawaiiinsomniac/videos 
 Mahalo for reading. Until next time.

No comments: