Tuesday, October 01, 2013

TechTalk - A month with Windows (Surface RT, Nokia 920, 8)

For my long time readers, you guys probably know that I am probably one of the few people who has switched from Apple to PC.  Yes, I've used Apple G4 cube, 1st iMac, PowerBooks, MacBook Pro, Air, iPod, iPod nano, iPod classic, iPod Touch, iPhone all models, iPad, blah blah blah.
 
Now, I am using a HTC One (all of the pictures on this blog for the past 3 months - including this one was taken with this one).  However, now that I am using a surface RT, Windows 8 laptop, I thought to myself, why not go all in and try it out!  So, my phone for the month will be Nokia 920 (and I even have wireless charging and NFC (BOO YA - Apple!).
 
A lot of people talk badly about Microsoft, and that's probably they don't use the latest and greatest OS and hardware like Apple users.  Seriously, do you buy a new PC annually?
 
Anyways, this is also an opportunity to get to know the Microsoft ecosystem more and maybe - just maybe, I'll walk away from parts of Google (Gmail, Calendar, Chrome, Contacts, Drive, Keep, Maps, Android, Blogger)...
 
The challenge, use all Microsoft products for the next 30 days (with the exception of Blogger of course), I'll write about the good, the bad, and even the ugly.

I'll be using these devices primarily:
Dell Inspiron 17"
Microsoft Surface RT
Nokia 920

If you have any questions about any of these devices, post a comment!

Clean me, Max... CLEAN ME!
Wish me luck.
 
CHECK OUT MY YOUTUBE VIDEOS HERE: http://www.youtube.com/user/hawaiiinsomniac/videos
Mahalo for reading. Until next time.

No comments: