Tuesday, October 22, 2013

ReadTalk - Interesting articles 10/22

I am just writing about a bunch of things I find interesting.  Those of you who follow my blog, probably know I read a lot.  I read about 1-2 books a month (even more during the summer when I am not working).  

I subscribe to magazines, such as Time Magazine and Wired (thanks to my tablet).

Here are just a few articles, I've found quite interesting this week and if you have time, you should take a look.

AXS Maps - CLICK HERE
I really like this article as it shows, how an idea and technology can change people's lives.  AXS Maps is in its stages of building a community accessible to handicap users.  I almost with I was in the United States, so I could volunteer and help out with this project.  #feelinginspired

China Smog - CLICK HERE
Many people think that China is the next superpower.  I am not one of those people.  There are many conditions which prohibit the continued growth of this overpopulated nation.  One of those factors is pollution.  The pollution is so severe in China that production has to be halted for days.  

This week 2 links regarding education
Lincoln High School - CLICK HERE
This article takes a look at a different point of view when it comes to discipline in schools.  

Free Thinkers - CLICK HERE
I really enjoyed this article.  I think children's minds have the capacity to just about anything and our current structure of thinking, schools, and even technology can prevent the full potential of students.  Fortunately, this article is an exception.

Nokia 1520 - CLICK HERE
Yes, I am mildly obsessed with technology and I can't wait to try out this phone!

Which one is your favorite article?  Why?!

CHECK OUT MY YOUTUBE VIDEOS HERE: 
http://www.youtube.com/user/hawaiiinsomniac/videos 
Mahalo for reading. Until next time.

No comments: