Sunday, September 29, 2013

MusicTalk - Summer Playlist 2013

This summer, in addition to reading a lot of books (CLICK HERE)... I also listened to a lot of music.  Believe me flying from Europe to Hawaii and vice versa, you can read a book or two, watch a movie or 5, listen to the entire Elton John collection and even have time to knit a sweater.

My summer playlist included pop music, a little of rock and even some... well I'll you be the judge...

Tonight I'm Getting Over You - Carly Ray Jepsen

I like this song even more than Call Me Maybe. It sort of speaks to my status of being single this summer, this past year, well pretty much the past decade.


Summertime sadness - Lana Del Rey vs. Cedric Gervais Remix

I probably listened to this song over 100 times this summer.  This was #1 in my running mix, so I've listen to this song all over the world!  PS. If you're on RunKeeper - add me hawaiiinsomniac.



Clarity - Zedd

I really love the lyrics to the song.  Another great running song (maybe at 2/3 of your run).



Beauty and the Beat - Justin Bieber ft. Nicki Minaj

Say what you want about Justin Bieber, but this is a great summer song - along with a great pop video!



Take Care - Drake Ft. Rihanna



SONGS THAT YOU PROBABLY NEVER HEARD OF...

Live Like That - Sidewalk Prophets

I wanna live like that and give it all I have.
Your love is who I am, and this is where I stand.
Recklessly abandoned, never holding back - I wanna like like that.



Just a Fool - Christina Aguilera ft. Blake Shelton

This song was never released as a single, but this is one of my favorite songs on her recent, underrated album, "Lotus".



Enjoy - What did you listen to this summer?!

CHECK OUT MY YOUTUBE VIDEOS HERE: 
http://www.youtube.com/user/hawaiiinsomniac/videos 
 Mahalo for reading. Until next time.

No comments: