Friday, October 25, 2013

SpainTalk - Things that I miss... Oct. 2013

One of the great things about traveling is I get to experience new things, but it comes at a cost 
(opportunity cost - for you economists out there).  

There are a few things I miss about being in the United States... 

Here are a few of those things...

1) A Big Screen HDTV.  
Televisions are common place in the United States.  In Hawaii, my roommate and I had 3.  I had a 42" HDTV in my bedroom, she had a 47" HDTV in hers and we had one in the living room.  I bought my dad a 55" HDTV for Christmas 2 years ago.  In Florida, I have a 32" HDTV. I would buy one here as well, but they are WAY too expensive in comparison to US prices.

Yes, killing zombies is not the same on my 17" laptop.

Walmart.com
2) Big Breakfast
Yes, I can cook my own breakfast, and most of the time I do.  Sometimes its a lot of work.  It would be nice to go to a restaurant and order breakfast!  Funny part is in the US, its really cheap.  Its probably cheaper to eat out for breakfast, than to buy the ingredients for yourself and cook it (especially party of 1).

Some of my favorite breakfast places:
San Diego, CA - HASH HOUSE A GO GO 
Hawaii Kai (Honolulu), HI - Moena Cafe
Kailua, HI - Boots and Kimo's
St. Petersburg, FL - Trip's Diner
Long Beach, CA - Jongewaard's



3) Halloween
Halloween is my favorite holiday (after Christmas - of course) and this year, its unfortunate because I don't have my favorite makeup artist and I'm not really inspired to be creative and gruesome.  I'm going to the store today (maybe tomorrow), but even then - the best Halloween costumes aren't bought, they're made (anyone makeup artists out there?!).

One of my BFFs 
Yes, made by the zombie above!
Yes, I'm trying of course, but like most things, access is easier if everything is readily available - not to mention if you're friends enjoy dressing up in costumes and scaring kids at night.

Ha ha, I think I want a really big screen TV because I miss playing video games on a huge screen.

Oh yeah - also a very cool Xbox One ad.


CHECK OUT MY YOUTUBE VIDEOS HERE: 
http://www.youtube.com/user/hawaiiinsomniac/videos 
 Mahalo for reading. Until next time.

No comments: