Thursday, September 26, 2013

Facebook - Deactivated - I HATE FACEBOOK MESSAGES

I love technology.  I really do.

However, there has to be options in which you can separate yourself from technology.

One of the things I complete HATE (and I don't HATE) many things is Facebook messages.

Let me tell you why.

With Windows 8 operating system (and phone), and you can sign in to multiple accounts and it makes it really convenient.  From the People Hub, I can open up a contact and send them an email, a text, call them on skype, or mention them on Facebook.  This is what is great about this.

HOWEVER, I use my computer for working, I write, read, create lesson plan, balance checkbook, etc.  AND because of Facebook and the inability to turn off messaging, everytime someone sends me a message, there is a disturbing and obtrusive notification.

While there is a way to turn off notifications, there should be an option to TURN OFF chat completely.  Simply turning off a notification is somewhat misleading, because if it is a semi important message (if it was important, they should have email or called you directly), and by just turning off notifications, you may be perceived as someone rude by not responding in a timely manner.

Anyways, I'll probably back in November, but in the time being, I'd rather not deal with Facebook and this annoying feature.


CHECK OUT MY YOUTUBE VIDEOS HERE: 
http://www.youtube.com/user/hawaiiinsomniac/videos 
Mahalo for reading. Until next time.

No comments: