Monday, September 02, 2013

TechTalk - RIP NOKIA

I wasn't planning to write any technology blogs while I'm backpacking Europe, but the news of Microsoft purchasing Nokia, really needs a few words (there are tons of analysis out there, so just a blog from me).

Click here to read the news...
http://www.engadget.com/2013/09/03/microsoft-rationale-for-buying-nokia/

Think about this. There will never be another Nokia phone again. Considering nearly all of you reading this (unless you own a Lumia series) have moved on to greener pastures, whether it's Android or iOS - you've probably owned a Nokia phone before.

I remember the days of the candy bar phone. Owning my first Nokia, super happy that I could sms with 1 hand while I am driving because of the T9 technology. Happy that I could play snake on my mobile phone and even take a picture, and send sms. Though paltry by today's standards Nokia was the Apple of yesterdecade, the innovator. Nokia still continues to innovate with their high quality Lumia line (for those of you who own one, you want what I mean, what is actually hurting Nokia sales is the the lack of Apps on Windows 8).

I even remember the E51, and the rotating gold Nokia phone, and the blue one with the round dial pad.

While Microsoft may keep the Nokia names on their new mobile devices, the fact that Nokia is so longer a single entity is a shame.

RIP Nokia.

Do you remember your first Nokia?

No comments: