Saturday, November 03, 2012

SpainTalk - ESLTalk - EOI de Ferrol - NA1 - WEEK4 - STEREOTYPES

Good morning everyone!

The lesson for week 4 is stereotypes.  There is also a Halloween activity that I did not cover in class.

Stereotypes are basically generalization regarding a group which may or may not be accurate.  Stereotypes aren't all negative - stereotypes are positive as well.

Whether we are aware of it or not, stereotypes do exist and it is a part of our lives (whether we want to admit it or not), everything from gender, age, race, etc. has a stereotype attached.

For example, if you had to match a color with a gender and I said the word "purple" - you'd probably attach that color to the female gender.  Or if you say "color or dye hair" or "long hair" - there are stereotypes normally attached to the female gender.

However, as you know - I'm quite special and being typical really isn't in my blood.

I love wearing colors and yes, I grow my hair and sometimes I dye it as well.

Scroll below for the link for the lesson.






Mahalo for reading. 

Until next time.

No comments: