Thursday, November 01, 2012

LifeTalk - Making a difference

This year it really bothers me that I don't have a major fundraiser for a non profit organization. Many of you have supported me in my endeavors for numerous organizations; such as, the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society, the Life Foundation, the MS Society and many more. Together, we have raised over $40,000 for people who are in need. 

 I want to raise awareness for a non-profit organization which I have been supporting for 5 years - Kiva.

One of the reasons I love Kiva is the fact that you can support people - and it is not a donation.  In fact, it is a loan, since banks do not make any money on small loans (microlending), they have to charge really high interest rates to make $$.  This is where Kiva comes in.  For as little as $25, you can support an individual or a group, with their small business - you decide.  There are many small businesses around the world eager to change their fortunes.  

To learn more about Kiva, CLICK HERE.

I have supported over 450 individuals to change their lives and I am sure you have the capacity to do the same.  The great part is, once they pay back the loan - you can deposit the funds back into your account or help someone else in need.

What are you waiting for?  You're not earning interest in your bank account - so why not help someone?




Mahalo for reading. 

Until next time.

No comments: