Monday, September 05, 2011

Lucky You Live Hawaii - Labor Day Edition...

There are many places in the world that can offer a wide variety of activities, food and culture... but none of them are like Hawaii...

This past weekend was such an awesome weekend that it epitomizes the saying - Lucky you live Hawaii...

Activities... well besides eating... I spent my weekend doing some pretty random things.  I was in Kailua dog sitting 3 energetic handsome dogs... earlier this week, I also took a friend to eat her first Pho ever (can you believe that - gasp!!) Here she is... say hi Maya!

Maya and her beef pho!!
Friday night... was great... it was a night of wine-ing, dining and great food and company... Maura and I went to Sarento's atop the "I" - I've been lucky to eat here twice this year!  We ended up at the restaurant from 1930 to 2300!  Of course, I had the double stuffed pork chops - how can you go wrong with a pork chop stuffed with prosciutto!? 

Maura and I - we need more pics together!
Oh yeah... guess what?!

What?!

I went ice skating for the first time!  Yes, seriously - ice skating... it was a celebration of Mr. Bobby's birthday and he was completely down for doing something different... he's quite a natural mover on the ice - me on the other hand needed the walker to get use to the movement with the ice skates... needless to say it was quite awesome! (more pictures coming soon!)

Michelle and Bobby
Sunday morning was just phenomenal...

I almost feel like I should write a separate blog for this... maybe I will! lol

If you would have told me 2 years ago that I would be riding 55 miles on a bike and going over heartbreak hill - I would have told you that you are crazy - well mostly because I didn't know how to ride a bike.  I am so happy/surprised how far I have come... From learning how to ride my Walmart mountain bike at the Hawaii Kai Boat Parking Lot to quickly progressing to a hybrid bike to a road bike and now my first cycling event - with only 1 month to train!  Crazy... but I feel that the word no is starting to leave my vocabulary... 


What do you do on a day where you ride your bike for over 50 miles?!  Well, besides complaining that everything is sore... you go to the beach of course!

in Kailua... 
Lucky you live Hawaii...

How was your weekend!?

Mahalo for reading. 

Until next time.

1 comment:

jennymac said...

55 miles!! So proud of you!!!