Sunday, September 18, 2011

More Pictures - ATE IT.

Hmmm...

Please note the pictures below maybe graphic for some...

This morning is training day... well the race is next week... The plan today was to ride for 85 miles... and unfortunately, I was a bit short of my training goal today by 20 miles... 

Excuses, excuses... right?

My here are pictures for my first injury on the bike! Yippie! lol - yes, I know I'm small kine weird but to be honest, I am happy that its only my first accident in 2.5 years - meaning I learned how to ride a bike 2.5 years ago, not that I had an injury 2.5 years ago!

so... what happened?!?!

Well, I'm on my way to riding my 85 miles and I'm somewhere past Kaneohe on my way to Kualoa ranch and beyond.  The conditions were not optimal - it was very windy, it had rained on and off... 

No, I did not get hit by a car... It was witchcraft (I'm reading a little bit of E.E Evans Pritchard) 

Actually, I had a bad case of the sniffles and the sneezes... and it was just weird actually...  My nose had been dripping for about 20 miles - luckily I've learned snot rockets... and suddenly, I could not stop sneezing... and the road had a steep drop between the road and the small sidewalk, and I ate it going about 15 miles an hour... 

The initial impact really knocked the wind out of me... then everything started to sting.  Luckily, someone on the other lane stopped - told me to lay down and make sure to catch my breath - he also diverted traffic and moved my bike to the grassy sidewalk.

He was very nice... Asked me if I needed a ride, but I could tell he was in a rush - so I said no... A couple minutes later I composed myself and a pickup truck passed by and asked if I was ok and if I needed a ride... well, I said yes! - I <3 hitchhiking!  He said he could drop me off in Kaneohe town and he would drive me to Kailua - but he needed to catch a flight, so I was dropped off at Safeway Kaneohe - I said my thanks and we parted ways...

After rechaining my bike, I decided to give it another go... I ended up riding about 4 miles until I was pretty much over it, my legs had some cramping and I'm sure the open wound did not help...

So, I started sticking my thumb out!  Lucky me! Twice in a day!  A pickup stopped and agreed to drop me off in Kailua - on Oneawa street!  I rode my bike for about 10 minutes to my friends house where I've been dog-sitting for the weekend.  I put my bike in my car and what's the first thing I do??!

Play with the dogs - of course! They've been locked up for 5 hours and its not their fault I had the sniffles!  After that fed them, pet them and then I decided I needed to go to Longs to buy some essentials to patch up my injuries...

Needless to say, I am all bandaged up and besides my bum - I don't think anything else will bruise - well except my ego.. lol


Left leg


Left knee


Mahalo for reading. 

Until next time.

3 comments:

JEMRALINO said...

Oh my goodness! Be careful!

Aurena said...

Yuck! Hope you heal! Take care and have fun at the race!

Unknown said...

ha ha... it was witchcraft... well according to Pritchard... can't wait... I'm really excited about the race!