Friday, April 18, 2014

TravelTalk - Ukraine - Last Day

Considering I have my alarm set for 3 hours from now, I probably shouldn't be writing this blog...

Then again... there are a lot of things I have done which I probably shouldn't have.

O_O

Today was an awesome day - the weather was perfect, sunny, slightly breezy, not too hot, clear skies and beautiful...

With that said... most of the things I remember from my travels are the special moments... Yes, there is a lot to see here in Ukraine and Independence Square will be something that I will never forget...

but the people I have met are the ones I'll never forget...

(all pics will be posted on Google+)

Whether it's +Andrea Naccarato and having connoli at Curi Curi and making my first home made risotto fungi... or +Jamie Knight and +Amber Collins in Amsterdam, or having a picnic with +Donalie-An Mugnier, cooking tofu for +David Azevedo and +Joana Ribeiro, or bringing +jen mcveay a vanilla latte at 5 am in the morning, or +Putali Kandel (who always brings a smile to my face when I see her), and +Dàniel Pál (which we drank so much absinthe and puked everywhere to find out we were near the hostel the next day)... yes I can go on and on and on... 

 I feel that the people I meet on my travels really helps me shape my view of a particular place.

Kiev and Ukraine is no different.

The hospitality I have received here is beyond words.  This is why I somewhat make a difference between traveling and tourism...  My first night here, I was greeted by Alex... and eating home cooked meals of borsch and salo (with garlic), or hanging out with Arseniy and Olena, serenading Plain White T's on their guitar... not to mention giving an English lesson and getting to hang out with +Andrii Prepiialo all day...

To all of the friends I have made around the world along my travels and to my new friends in Kiev...

This blog is for you...

Now keep it down, I need to get my 2 hours and 55 minutes of sleep...




















See you soon!

CHECK OUT MY YOUTUBE VIDEOS HERE: 
http://www.youtube.com/user/hawaiiinsomniac/videos 
 Mahalo for reading. Until next time.

No comments: