Sunday, April 13, 2014

TravelTalk - My 2nd and 3rd day in Kiev, Ukraine

My 2nd day in Kiev was yesterday before the incident... (CLICK here to read about my run-in with extremists), and it was a pretty cool day, did a lot of walking around, the weather was grey, but it was still an interesting experience, the buildings have quite a grand difference between rich and poor and Ukrainian and former Soviet.




I'll be uploading more pictures on my Google+ - so don't forget to follow me!



These are my friends debating on which potatoes to pick... 

After walking around all morning, eating some tasty potatoes for lunch and taking a nap - it was time to hit the town.  It was also a celebration party because in the group, someone just bought a house... hell yeah!  

The food was tasty, everything from tomatoes, pickles, red cabbages, cheese sticks, fried chicken to a meat and potato dish... oh yeah and beer.






Well, these party people obviously didn't go home... lol incident...

Third day...
The weather wasn't perfect... it was cold and chilly... 

After the incident, I'm just a bit more paranoid, this afternoon we spent about 3 hours walking and taking pictures and I would be always conscious of the people around me, how many they were, height, ages, if there is anything I could grab while walking, positioning myself between the three of us so I'd have more time to react (something that kind of comes instinctively for me).

Under normal circumstances, I would have enjoyed the breathtaking sights that was in front of me, however, today I was in a different kind of mind set... scanning the area and looking for groups of people.  Beatiful nonetheless, hopefully tomorrow brings a more peaceful day.









Unfortunately, I think I am a bit too paranoid, who knows, maybe I should be paranoid.  Now, I am contemplating on flying to Warsaw tomorrow or staying a couple more days.  

I'll guess you'll see in the morning... hahaha

PS.  The swelling on my face has declined dramatically... looks kinda normal... kinda... lol

CHECK OUT MY YOUTUBE VIDEOS HERE: 
http://www.youtube.com/user/hawaiiinsomniac/videos
 Mahalo for reading. Until next time.

No comments: