Saturday, January 12, 2013

MusicTalk - 2012 - Favorite Albums

I´m surprised I didn't write a year-end music and movie blog!

Better late than never!  So here are my favorite CDs for 2012.
Yes, I still buy CDs (probably 2-3 a month actually)

Yes, talking about albums.  Most people just tend to listen to singles, but I like to listen to an entire CD, most of the time, the best music that an artist has to showcase aren't ones that are commercially viable.

One of my favorite albums for 2012 (and perhaps the MOST underrated album in 2012) is Christina Aguiera's "Lotus" album - this is probably due to the fact that her lead single "Your Body" is over sexualized and rather mediocre compared to the rest of the album and not to mention the cover.

Favorite Songs
Just a Fool (with Blake Shelton) - CLICK HERE for YouTube audio (with Spanish subtitles).
Let there be Love - My current favorite song for running - CLICK HERE for audio.
Blank Page - Great ballad - CLICK HERE for audio.


Joss Stone - The Soul Session Part II


One of my favorite songs - For God's Sake - CLICK HERE for audio.
This album is funky, soulful, colored with great vocals that showcases the range and depth of her voice.

Phillip Phillips - The World from the Side of the Moon.

The winner of American Idol has released an album that is refreshing to hear.  With music currently taking a dance pop route, this CD is great to listen to especially if you like acoustics.

Home - CLICK HERE for audio.


I hope you guys enjoy these songs and albums as much as I do!

Mahalo for reading. 

Until next time.

No comments: