Wednesday, January 02, 2013

TechTalk - iPhone 4 vs. Nexus 4.

Aloha everyone,

After sleeping for 11 hours, I thought I should do some writing... 

Another New Year's Resolution that I have is to NOT buy a MOBILE (cell phone) device - 
For those of you that know me well, I probably buy and switch phones every 2-3 months.

This year will be quite different.  I will spend the next month with both an iPhone 4 and Nexus 4 and whichever one I decide to keep - will be my phone for 2013 - no upgrade, no switching, no nada.

Alright, for the Apple Fanboys - the reason I chose the iPhone 4, is because I have the phone and I just got it replaced, so its brand new.  iPhone 4 running iOS 6.0.1, 32GB, factory unlocked.

The Nexus 4 has been sold out for months, but I have one in my hands - in the U.S it runs for $349 (for the 16GB) and 349€ in the E.U.

You guys might think its unfair that I am comparing a phone that is 2 year old and a phone that has just been released - but to be honest - they're the same price (roughly).  An iPhone 5 is $649 which would not be fair to compare to a $349 phone.

For me it will be the OS (Operating system), applications and the size of the phone on a daily use that will decide which mobile phone I will keep.

This is not my first iPhone (I've owned every single iteration of iPhone - with the exception of iPhone 4S and iPhone 5).  This is not my first Android phone (I've owned everything from LG Optimus, Galaxy, but this will be the first Google stock OS phone that I will be using).

I've been a long time Apple OSX user.  However, I find that I have been integrated more into the Google ecosystem.  For example, my .mac email which switched to .me has hardly been used since my gmail activation.  My iWeb page is no longer in use since I switched to Blogger.  Even my calendar, contacts, etc. is now hosted by google (so yes - that's probably why my Google password is 16-20 characters long) lol

Unboxing photos of Nexus 4 coming soon - as well as comparative photos between iPhone 4 and Nexus 4.


Mahalo for reading. 

Until next time.

No comments: