Sunday, October 23, 2011

Microlending - Make a Difference...

Microlending...

What is it?!  Microlending is a way for individuals in developing countries to borrow money for their business.  Most banks will not lend to individuals because they do not make money.  For as little as $25, you can lend your money to someone who can use it towards their business so they can sustain themselves and make a living.

Then, they pay you back in small increments.  Then when you get your $$ back you can re-lend it again.  I've been fortunate enough to a part of Kiva (My Kiva profile here!) for over 4 years and I've lent over $10,000 to individuals all over the world.  

What %% are you earning on your checking account?! Close to ZERO, I bet - so why not lend and make a difference.

Wanna know more about Kiva? Shoot me an email or post a comment!?




Mahalo for reading. 

Until next time.

No comments: