Sunday, October 02, 2011

Before I Die...

I'm not necessarily sure why I felt the need to write this blog at this instant moment, since I'm suppose to be reading or doing something productive in relation to school, but I was inspired after going through my old website and findings this article...

Wired published this article on an artist candy chang, where she posted a huge chalkboard that states, “before i die, i want to...________” (CLICK HERE) and people in the community would write the things they wanted to do.

Funny thing is I made a similar list a while ago and I'm surprised how many of them I've accomplished...

I...
> learned how to swim
> learned how to ride a bike and even participated in a race!
> visited 6 continents (1 more to go!)
> am grateful to have the opportunity to do the things I've done.

I would re-write my list... but I'll be actually doing some cool things in the next 2-3 months...
> I'll be going hang gliding
> I'm taking a kite surfing lesson
> Getting my 4th tattoo

My big fear is deep water... so in the near future... I want to get my scuba certification and dive...  I want to take a month off and baby sit my nephew and my niece... I want to go on across the country bike ride and raise $$$ for a non-profit... I want to have everyone that I love at a big dinner party - where we can all eat and laugh...

I guess, I'm writing this blog to inspire YOU... it doesn't have to be something crazy adventurous, but plan something you've always wanted to do - Write it on a post-it & plan to do it in the next year.  No matter how small or big, or crazy.

Yes - what do you want to do... not your husband or your wife, or your kids, or your friends...

What do you want to do before you die?

Mahalo for reading.

Until next time.

1 comment:

mariamesa said...

Was very happy to see that you want to take a month off to spend time w/ Aiden and Nola :)