Thursday, August 25, 2011

The L Word...

The L Word...

No, I'm not talking about that L word.  No one wants to read about laundry - OR do you!? o_O

Alright, a quick quip about laundry - for those a bit interested in the topic and I'll get down to the proper L word of this blog... Lament, Lienculus... alright, I guess this will be my first blog about Love.

I can probably talk about everything in the grandspectrum of conversations - perhaps why the lienculus is to important (YES... open a new tab and google it - I'll wait...) or if you're debating if lament is a Harry Potter spell (sounds like it, doesn't it?!)

Well, I'm writing a blog and not a book so I guess I should start...

I'll start with a string of questions...
Have you ever met someone while traveling (or while they were traveling)?
Did you keep in touch even when you were back to your normal lives?
Did you ever meet again just to make sure it wasn't all in your head?
Does that person make you happy?

If you answered yes, yes, yes and yes.  Then you're quite in a predicament.

What do you do then?  Is a visit or two enough to create or sustain a relationship? Or how about a phone call every so often...  Do you just accept the realities and realize it will never be?

I'm a big fan of living in the moment and understanding that the structure that is holding (preventing) one's self from doing the things they want to do is for the most part is the individual.  There is also realities of occupation, geographical location, monetary restrictions, social obligations that prevent us from making the leap of faith.  On the other side, there is also fear... what if things that we currently perceive is not the vision we had while you were apart?

I guess I'm somewhat babbling and I may have raised more questions than answers...

But I'll end on this note...

A friend for my birthday gave me a keychain that states... "Live the Life you Love"

Looks like I'll have to prioritize my life sooner than later.

ima wo ikiru - Live in the Moment.

Mahalo for reading.

Until next time.

No comments: