Saturday, August 06, 2011

Antigua - Best Restaurant?!

Before I start ranting and raving about the best restaurant in Antigua, Guatemala.  I guess I'll start chit-chatting about what makes the best restaurant...

First and foremost the food - No matter how great the rest of the following criterion are, or how bad they are, we'd do some crazy stuff for great food.  Such as wait in line for an hour or more, or putting with the loud crowd Yet, having great food doesn't overcome all of the other factors in a great restaurant, they can still make or break the experience.  When it comes to food, there are different categories, my favorite are: comfort food and high-end restaurants.  Yes, dropping $175 for dinner for 2 is great, but also having some SPAM or some DIM SUM is super great too (OMG, I can't wait to get back to Hawaii - yes, I am seriously craving Zippys right now!!)

Atmosphere- I know... atmosphere can be gimmicky (spinning restaurants and such), but believe me, when I atmosphere can make or break a dining experience)... Imagine, you're dining at Sarento's Atop the I (I is for Ilikai - LINK HERE).  On your way up, there is an elevator that takes you directly to the top of the Ilikai (a hotel in Waikiki) and basically dares you not to be in awe.  If you go for dinner, you'll more than likely see the sunset, a spectacle that is enhanced by the fact that all of its booths face outwards into the ocean, so any seating arrangement is very intimate.



Ok, so let me get to my favorite restaurant in Antigua... As you can see from the pictures, there is ample room, great seating, a fountain, and not to mention a view of the volcano.

See the subtle hints in the pictures?!





Which restaurant am I talking about?  Yes, you're looking at images of McDonalds in Antigua.

Most McDonalds around the world tend to be part of buildings with an industrial decor inside.  As you can see, this McD is far from uniform.

I know, what am I doing at McDonalds in Guatemala.  I've been traveling for over 3 months!  I was just craving french fries and was blown away by the beautiful location.

Don't forget to click the homepage for other blog posts!

Mahalo for reading.

Until next time.

2 comments:

mariamesa said...

WOW!!!! I want to go to that McD.

sumrlagoom said...

I don't know why there's no zippys on the big island