Monday, February 10, 2014

Anti-Valentine's Day Playlist!

I've been single pretty much my whole entire life and I feel like this day is just the worst holiday.
Every single corporation reinforces the need for love by showing someone else what you can buy them.

Not to mention, I am seriously sick of people talking to me like a wounded puppy.
I am 33 and single, let me do my thing.

I'm happy being single, and to be honest, I haven't had a desire to date anyone in ages.
(and with the quality of conversation I've had with the dating pool recently,
I'll probably stay single as long as I live)

So... Here's my Anti-Valentine's Day Playlist.
Some anti-love
Some anti-relationship
Some straight up rude.
Some straight up self-empowerment!



Mary J. Blige - No More Drama
Broken heart again
Another lesson learn
Better know your friends
Or else you will get burned



Cee Lo - Fuck you
I see you driving 'round town with the girl 
I love and I'm like, 
"FUCK YOU!" 
Ooo,ooo,oooo

Gloria Gaynor - I Will Survive
At first I was afraid I was petrified
Kept thinking I could never live without you by my side
But then I spent so many nights thinking how you did me wrong
And I grew strong And I learned how to get along and so you're back


Destiny's Child - Independent Women
Question: Tell me how you feel about this 
Try to control me boy you get dismissed 
Pay my own fun, oh and I pay my own bills 
Always 50/50 in relationships"


Jennifer Lopez - Ain't it Funny
It's been a while since you came around.
Now you wanna see what's going down.


Kelly Clarkson - Since You've Been Gone
Since U Been Gone
I can breathe for the first time
I'm so moving on
Yeah, yeah

JoJo - Leave, Get Out
Get Out, (leave) right now
It's the end of you and me 
It's too late (now) and I can't wait for you to be gone

Sunshine Anderson - Heard it all before
Played the fool before (played the fool before)
 I was your fool I believed in you 
Yes I did yes I did 
But your lies ain't working now look who's hurting now 
See I had to shut you down (I had to shut you down)

Taylor Swift - We are never getting back together 
Uggg... so he calls me up and he's like, "I still love you," 
And I'm like... "I just... I mean this is exhausting, you know, like, 
We are never getting back together. Like, ever"

Which one if your favorite?

Any songs to add to this list!?

CHECK OUT MY YOUTUBE VIDEOS HERE: 
http://www.youtube.com/user/hawaiiinsomniac/videos 
 Mahalo for reading. Until next time.

No comments: