Thursday, November 07, 2013

RecipeTalk - Poli's recipe for Hawaiian Ahi Poke

Aloha everyone,

This week, our special guest for Episode 2 of Cafe con leche is +Poli P 
CLICK HERE to view the video.

Below is the recipe she uses for Hawaiian Ahi Poke.
I am hungry now. I like my ahi poke with RICE!

Below are the exact words and pictures of +Poli P 

If you drive along the coast of the island of Oahu, you’ll be able to find freshly made ahi poke at any corner store or grocery. I remember my first taste of spicy ahi poke- my wife, Sheryll, and I were driving along the North Shore. It was late at night and we were looking to catch some waves under a full moon. We pulled by a mom and pops store by the beach near Haleiwa and we picked up some ahi poke and spam musubi to go. After we hit the waves, I decided to grind on some poke and it was GOOOOOD-GRAVY-HOLY-MOLY-DELICIOUS!  I was in a different world and I licked my lips for more. It was the perfect combination of tuna and green onions marinating in soy, sesame, and spicy peppers. I don’t know how else to explain it but it was DIVINE…and it made for a perfect night out on the beach. Anyway, here’s a favorite recipe I’ve been using for some years now from this site (http://www.polynesia.com/poke.html#.UnqvP5RAjzs). It's easy, healthy, and delcious! Enjoy :)

Ingredients:
• 2 lbs ahi (yellow fin tuna, sashimi grade), diced
• 1/2 cup onion, minced
• 1/4 cup green onion, minced
• 1 cup soy sauce
• 2 tablespoons sesame oil
• Hawaiian salt and pepper to taste

Add these ingredients to the mix for a spicier recipe!
to taste crushed red pepper flakes
to taste- Chinese chili sauce (Sriracha)
to taste- sea salt

Method:
- Add all ingredients, mix well then chill for at least 30 minutes.
- Can be served with soy sauce.

- Serve with chopsticks or toothpicks. Enjoy!










CHECK OUT MY YOUTUBE VIDEOS HERE: 
http://www.youtube.com/user/hawaiiinsomniac/videos 
 Mahalo for reading. Until next time.

No comments: