Friday, July 11, 2008

iPhone 3G 2008

IPHONE 3G
Today is the official release for the 3G iPhone and what an exciting day it is. Considering I couldn't really sleep last night and also an outfit change because I really dressed up for the event but it was too hot (even at 5AM).

05:30
Arrived at Starbucks, ordered a grande awake, 1 bag, 2 honey packets, room for milk, with a cranberry scone. Line snakes around already, I am number 27. I busted out my laptop, mahalo nui Kahala Mall, Apple Store and Starbucks for providing free Wi-Fi. I checked emails and yeah nothing exciting.

06:00
There are 68 people in line 2 hours before the opening of the the Apple Store. My foot cramped earlier and I had to stand up and walk around.

06:30
I figured I'd start talking to everyone as oppose to having my headset on and ignoring everyone. LOL Apple employees started passing out brochures, but hello. Ummmm... do you think people would stand in line if they didn't know what they were getting into? Then again, I guess I shouldn't put it past people.

IN FRONT OF ME
Photobucket
BEHIND ME
Photobucket

07:00
Everyone is in the chatting mood. Talking about Verizon, AT&T Tilt, smartphones, iPhone features (plus and minuses - still no MMS or SMS forwarding or saving attachments), how the line is all the way at the movie theater (about 120 long now). Starbucks is passing out ice coffee and ice tea (YUM).

STARBUCKS
Photobucket

07:30
VIDEO QUEUE
(sort of shaky, please realize, I've had black tea and ice tea!)


08:00
Who hooooo! Party time! The 1st people are allowed into the Apple Store.
APPLE STORE
Photobucket

09:10
Jerome picks me out of the line to help me with the iPhone purchase and activation.(yes he is cute!) :) Here he is helping me with the grand opening of the 3G iPhone.

OFFICIAL UNVEILING OF THE 3G IPHONE (with Jerome)


09:17
I am out of the Apple Store, and guess what? My new phone works like a charm. No activation problems here! They said 2-4 hours, I walked to my car and yup, its working!

10:30
At work, and yes, not really working, syncing and updating my new iPhone, the 16GB is perfect, I have 3 movies, 20 TV shows, 40 music videos, 1000 songs (at least) and that's not even using 1/2 the memory! Other than that I will be shipping our my Xbox 360 and the 1st gen iPhone to my sister! :)

Official preliminary reviews. Its a solid phone, with better sound quality, both in call sounds and in speakerphone. I really enjoy the new App Store feature. Its a streamlined process and yup, I only have 200 SMS, please get me on AIM - hawaiiinsomniac@mac.com (I am not sure if you need the @mac.com). I really like the 16GB, I have about 6GB of room, and wow, that's a lot of stuff in the phone. I really want to get a case, but we'll see. I am waiting for official reviews on the Apple site before spending $30-$40 on a new case.

UPDATE
I love these APPS! My favorite has to be the "Remote" (surprisingly not called iRemote), and its crazy! You can control you iTunes from your iPhone! I am not too impressed with eBay's app. I love the Pandora app, great way to stream music. Movies app is pretty cool and pretty self-explanatory. I purchased the game Enigma, and yup, its good fun!

3G IPHONE PHOTOS
Back
Photobucket
Side
Photobucket
Front (notice AIM app!)
Photobucket

Mahalo for reading.

Until next time.

No comments: