Monday, May 27, 2013

StockTalk - NOK, FMCC, FNMA

Lucky me.  My bet on two American Finance Companies paid off.  FNMA and FMCC.  Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac.  For those of you who follow American housing market, both Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac are government sponsored companies which sell mortgage backed securities.

I've been following this for quite some time and considering that the stock price I bought them at was less then $1.00, I knew that these companies would eventually recover (because they are government backed) as opposed to other private lending institutions which no longer exist.

I plan to hold on to both FNMA and FMCC until they are over $4.00 a share, which should come in the next quarter.

My other choices were both HA (Hawaiian Airlines) and NOK (Nokia), both doing well, but the latter quite a bit off from the 52 week high.  Following sales in overseas market will be key in ensuring the success of this company as I do not see the Nokia 925 making a big splash (due to its exclusivity with Verizon).  Further competition from the new release of BBM, Samsung IV and new iPhone devices this summer will make this a sell in the near future, I am waiting until $3.80/share before selling.

Now, I just wished I bought more FMCC and FNMA stocks.




Mahalo for reading. 

Until next time.

No comments: