Friday, May 10, 2013

MusicTalk - Country Music

I decided to write a blog with my favorite country songs, thanks in large part to +Maura Shannon who got me addicted to the television show +Nashville.  

Country music is all about emotion and telling a story.
Country music can capture emotions that other genres of music simply cannot.

Here are my favorite country songs in random order:

Kellie Pickler - Didn't You Know How Much I Loved You

This song is pretty much summarized in the title.  I've been told that I can be somewhat emotionally distant, but I prefer to let my actions to the talking.  

Favorite lyrics:  
Didn't you know how much I loved you? I gave you everything, every part of me.  
Didn't you feel it when I touched you?


Dixie Chicks - Not Ready to Make Nice

For me this song goes hand in hand with another Kellie Pickler song below.
This song is very emotionally charged.  Not too many people know this about me, but it is really hard for me to let some things go.  Once I decide I do not like something (or someone) changing my opinion on the matter is very close to impossible.

Favorite lyric:
I'm not ready to make nice

It's too late to make it right
I probably wouldn't if I could
‘Cause I'm mad as hell, can't bring myself
To do what it is you think I should





Jason Aldean - Why

This song talks about the complicated aspects of a relationship.

Favorite lyrics:

Why do I always use the words
That cut the deepest?
When I know how much it hurts you
Oh baby why, do I do that to you?




Carrie Underwood - So Small

This song is very inspirational and when I am in a dark place, I listen to this song and most of the time, it really helps.  This song just helps me put life back into perspective.

Favorite lyric:
While you're sitting around thinking 'bout what you can't change

And worrying about all the wrong things
Time's flying by, moving so fast
You better make it count 'cause you can't get it back


Lonestar - Amazed

While some might consider this another love song, I almost feel that this is the country love song.
I may not have experience this type of love yet, but its still a great song.

Favorite lyrics:

I wanna spend the rest of my life
With you by my side
Forever and ever

Shania Twain - From This Moment

A classic love song.

Favorite lyric (a tad bit dramatic):
I give my hand to you with all my heart
I can't wait to live my life with you I can't wait to start
You and I will never be apart
My dreams came true because of you



Kellie Pickler - I Wonder

This song has struck an emotional cord with me.  I have an estranged relationship with my mother.  In fact, I haven't spoken to her in about 8 years and I have no plans to talk to her in the future.

Favorite lyrics:
Forgiveness is such a simple word
But it's so hard to do when you've been hurt



Lee Ann Womack - I Hope You Dance

This song isn't just about dancing, its about being open to opportunities when they present themselves.

Favorite lyrics:
I hope you still feel small when you stand beside the ocean
Whenever one door closes I hope one more opens



Mahalo for reading. 

Until next time.

No comments: