Friday, May 10, 2013

SpainTalk - Sports

Someone asked me the other day why I didn't join any sports.  I am very active (not so much this past winter), but I've never participated in any type of sports (which involved other people).

If there is one thing I really miss, its cycling.  Yes, I've had the opportunity to ride mountain bikes here and it was a great experience, but in the U.S. with my road bike, I can ride my bike on the streets along with the cars, in most cases even go faster than them.


During training mode, which was about 9 months out of the year (Hawaii weather allows for training all year round), I could ride my bike for 100km at a time (reserved for Sundays - longer ride days).

Training was also complimented by the fact that I have a cause near and dear to my heart, and in order to raise money for Leukemia and Lymphoma Society, I would participate in endurance sports and fund raise.

Well, maybe this upcoming year in Galicia, I'll focus on swimming, now to find an indoor swimming pool in A Coruña.  Speaking of staying in shape, I should go for a run while this weather is cooperating!



Mahalo for reading.

Until next time.

No comments: