Wednesday, May 08, 2013

ESLTalk - NA2 - WEEK25 - Gun Control

This week we had a fierce debate about gun control.

While we can agree to disagree, I still firmly believe in the right to bear arms.

I think one of the major drawback of guns is the fact when someone dies, it is a considered to be a very gruesome death. As I have included in my lesson, 11,101 people died from firearms in the United States in 2011. Yes, this is unfortunate, but it is the deaths that are NOT gruesome that we should be more focused on. For example, an article published last month in the New Scientist, reported that,"Sugary drinks may kill 184,000 people each year. Overconsumption of sweetened beverages is associated with deaths from metabolic diseases". 

Global issues (CLICK HERE) published than 21,000 children die DAILY due to "poverty, hunger, easily preventable diseases and illnesses, and other related causes." which equates to 7,665,000 children annually.

The point of this week's lesson is to be able to debate and argue your point of view. I am not asking you to agree with me, I am merely asking for you to understand my point of view. Once people no longer listen and debate is when catastrophe's happen.

People can debate all day long about what is right and wrong, but it is your actions that determines your impact in the world. I've participated in many races and raised over $40,000 for various non profit organizations and lent over $13,000 to various small business around the world.

CLICK HERE to make a difference.


CLICK HERE for this week's lesson

Mahalo for reading. 

Until next time.

No comments: