Thursday, December 29, 2011

HI to FL - It's Official!

Aloha everyone!

HI to FL is a new blog section - that chronicles my move to FL (get it?! hi to FL?!)



Yesterday, I shipped my first things to Florida... via Media Mail.  Over 24 pounds of books and only $11.89.  From what I understand about media mail, you can ship everything that you can find at the library.  Books, Magazines, CDs, DVDs, etc.  I'll be shipping more things via media mail tomorrow. =D

I've been really emotional lately - perhaps underlying emotions about the move? perhaps already missing Hawaii? perhaps emotional due to the holidays!? 

It's amazing the viewpoint you have about a location when you realize you have a finite time left.  I've done more exploration and driving of the island in the last month than I have this whole year combined.  I went hiking on a trail that's 5 minutes from my house for the first time ever - Kuliouou Ridge.  Yesterday, went to a part of the beach, I've never been to - below Makapu'u.

Amazing.

What would you do if you have a finite time at a place?

Mahalo for reading. 

Until next time.

1 comment:

mariamesa said...

lots of changes for the new year but i'm sure you'll be just fine!!!