Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Health - What does it mean to me? A Photo-Montage

Health is a lifestyle, it truly is.  

Health is a compromise and the act of integrating healthier options into one's life.  

Most of you know that I am very regimented person.  Wake up at 0600 and 9 times out of 10, I'll wake up before my alarm clock.

After a pit stop at the loo, next stop time for a run.

I normally run 3-5 miles, at least 5 times a week, with my longer runs on Saturday morning with Team in Training.

Sorry for the bad photo... My roommate isn't awake yet, well most people aren't...

I'm weird, I know...

Whatever you choose to do, get out there and BE ACTIVE...



After a quick run... breakfast time!

Breakfast seriously is the most important meal of the day.

I did mention, I am a regimented, right?  Every day, I will have oatmeal (not from a box...) with organic white honey, a banana and a glass of soy milk.

This takes less then 6 minutes to make!

10am, everyday, it's snack time.

I normally have a yogurt when I am at work (we have a fridge!), or while I am in school, I will have another banana or a granola bar.

I eat lunch everyday around noon.  Today I ate a sandwich and I was so hungry, I forgot to take a picture of it... o_O.


I have dinner everyday at 1900, like clockwork, I start cooking at 1830 for something yummy.

Today, I was running late and decided to order some take out from Buca di Beppo... This picture was taken later after I ate, went to class, got home to re-plate this and take a picture.

Note:  If you eat pasta - stick to any red sauce.  Way better for you than ANY white sauce made of cream!

I love SWEETS! Ice cream, chocolate, ice cream and chocolate, waffles, waffles + ice cream + chocolate.

One thing I've learn is never deny yourself.  Once you start denying yourself the stuff it craves, you'll binge...

Just eat in moderation...  I eat 2 Ghirardelli every night around 8PM.  Kills the sweet tooth...



I think the most important thing is regulated sleep.  I sleep every night around 2200-2230 and wake up at 0600.  Sleep is VITAL to functioning.

Alright, that's a quick insight to my daily routine.

But before I go, I want to talk about another piece of the health puzzle that I believe in.

Helping others...

I participate, volunteer and fundraise for non profit organizations which are essential to our community.  We are truly blessed to have our "health".

The first non-profit organization is the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society.  This year I will be running the Alaska Marathon to raise funds with those afflicted with Leukemia and Lymphoma.  This is a non-profit near and dear to my heart, as I have lost friends with this disease.

http://thepowerofadollar.info



The other non-profit organization I am active with is called Kiva.  Kiva assist members in third world countries with "micro-lending" so they can run their own business and help themselves.


I decided 2 years ago when interest rates on savings account started to hover around 0.000%.  Instead of the banks having my funds, I can lend monies to businesses and I know that I am helping others help themselves through kiva.

Kiva.org for more information.


Well, its almost 2100, so its decompression time, so I can do it again tomorrow.

Mahalo for reading.

Until next time.

No comments: