Sunday, November 23, 2008

W. O. M (Waste of Money - Part deux)

WASTE OF MONEY - PART TWO

Since iTunes came into the scene, it has been very rare that I have bought CDs. I have purchased a couple of CDs here and there but I have been looking forward to the holiday season as musicians release their CDs in hopes of making million of dollars on minions like me.

I have purchased 4 CDs the past week and I am very disappointed with 3 of them.

Beyonce - I am... Sasha Fierce
More like Sasha boring. This 2 disk set, 1 CD for Beyonce (boring ballads) and 1 CD for Sasha Fierce (currently in training). Besides Single Ladies, there are no real songs that I see on here as possible singles or really good songs. Though Beyonce will sell millions of albums, its just sad as it seems this is really a watered down CD from the Beyonce we know. Don't expect "Ring the Alarm", or "Crazy in Love" or "Irreplaceable". 1 out of 4 starts.
Photobucket

Taylor Swift - Fearless
I have been listening to more country music this year more than ever and this is one of the artists responsible. Her sophomore album Fearless is a major disappointment. All the songs sound similar to her 1st album. She will also sell millions of copies of this CD but this CD is more a disappointment from the artist I have come to love. 1.5 out of 4 stars.
Photobucket

David Archuleta - Self-Titled
Save yourself some $, but the single "Crush" and that's it. 1 star our of 4.
Photobucket

David Cook - Self-Titled
This CD is the best buy out of the 4 if you were planning to purchase a CD. However, this probably won't enter your replay vault as the songs seem to run together and might give you a headache from all the screaming. 2.5 stars out of 4.
Photobucket

Mahalo for reading.

Until next time.

No comments: