Friday, November 14, 2008

An Apple Conundrum

AN APPLE CONUNDRUM
To MacBook or not to MacBook?
To iMac or nor to iMac?

Those are the questions that have been plaguing my mind for the past 3 weeks.

I have decided to get a new Apple computer. I deserve it and also my iBook G4 though recently revamped is getting sluggish for my multitasking needs.

The new MacBooks look great. I have played with it at the Apple Store and the graphics processor is super fast. I can scroll down 1000s of photos and I see photos as opposed to white squares on my iBook while the photo loads. The biggest downfall? No FireWire port. I have 300GB of iTunes library on my external hard drive and I need FireWire as USB is way too slow to access data from the external HD.

The iMacs have always been iCandy and it definitely has the processing power of everything that I need to do. Not to mention if I get a new one, a large HD, I don't need a external HD to access my data. I'll just use it for Time Machine. The only downside? Its not portable. There are 24" iMacs on Apple store that are refurbished for $1499.

I am debating on waiting until MacWorld convention in January to see what Apple unveils before making a decision on any purchases or maybe if Apple has a great deal on Black Friday maybe I'll just jump on board.

What to do?

Photobucket


Mahalo for reading.

Until next time.

2 comments:

Jamie said...

aye - hard decision.

I can't wait to see what new stuff is revealed...is that really in January!! sweeeeeet. Are you going to it?

Unknown said...

Yeah, I am going to wait. They haven't updated the Mac Mini in over a year, hopefully they make it super sleek and sexy.

Arrgghh! Its so far away!