Sunday, May 04, 2008

@ Home, Weekend, Spam Jam

@ Home
I've been spending a lot more time at home. On M-W-F (work -> yoga -> home), on Tu-Th (work -> home). I guess this is for 2 main reasons, saving money and saving money. Spending a lot more time at home, I have found various things to keep me company. I have been playing more XBOX 360 (mostly RPGs - currently playing Eternal Sonata, just finished Lost Odyssey). OMG, so yeah I'm in love with TV. In the morning before work, I enjoy watching the Today Show. I normally watch The Daily Show with Jon Stewart, and The Colbert Report with Stephen Colbert (I am in love with the 2 aforementioned shows). On Tuesday, I watch American Idol. On Wednesdays, I watch Top Chef, America's Net Top Model, sometimes the result show of ANTM. Fridays, I watch The Soup! SNL on Saturdays! On Sundays, I watch Desperate Housewives. Besides TV, I've been cooking every night for dinner. I've also been reading all my magazines. I subscribe to Popular Mechanics, Surfing, Entertainment Weekly, The Honolulu Advertiser.

Weekend
SATURDAY
Whew, where do I begin? I woke up Saturday, ate a bowl of cereal, Venus wasn't ready to go surfing, so I ran. My knee is still giving me a little trouble.

Then I went to register for the Honolulu Marathon! I got there at 8:45 and registration started at 10:00, and I was like #30. It was early registration this Saturday and Sunday, and locals pay only $30. If you wait until normal registration, its $80 for Kamaaina. After that, picked up Venus, then we went surfing, caught some awesome waves, it was high tide and yeah... I was out there for almost 2 hours. The board I am riding now is 8'9", the shorter the board the harder it is. Most people start on a 12', and hopefully soon I'll be on a shortboard. Baked in the sun for a couple of hours. After baking in the sun for an additional 2 hours, its Waikiki Spam Jam.

Waikiki Spam Jam
This is an annual event where they close 4 blocks of Kalakaua (and you know that's a busy street) and it turns into a block party until 10PM. There are 2 music stages, one on each end. TONS of Spam-affiliated food.

Street at 4pm (it didn't start until 5 - last year over 20,000 people attended)
Photobucket
Spam Merchandise (I almost bought a SPAM t-shirt!)
Photobucket
Spam Mascot (I wanted to bite him)
Photobucket
Spam - Hula Show (they were awesome, they did 2 numbers... so cute the kids)
Photobucket

After that, we went to Hula's for 1 drink. Then sat on the beach and watched the sunset. And guess what? I was on TV?! That's me in the Blue... in 3 shots (0:20, 0:35, 0:39)! :)


SUNDAY
Guess what? Surfing! Well, before that Venus came by and I made an awesome breakfast, then off to the beach for more sun and surf! Got home at 6:30P, did laundry, watched Desperate Housewives.

Yup a great weekend. If you've read all the way here, I'd suggest book marking my blog as soon I will stop automatic emails of my posts.

Mahalo for reading.

Until next time.

1 comment:

pscleary said...

wow, your a TV star!