Sunday, September 20, 2015

How are you feeling?!

Since I've arrived, one of the first questions that my friends ask me is... How are you feeling?

To be honest, I am not exactly sure.  I have been quite emotional recently, probably for the last couple of weeks.  Wresting with the idea that my backpacking days are over (for now), and going back to work (it's been over a year) and the first time since 2010 that I'll be working a 40 hour work week - crazy, right?

Besides the emotion caused by the logistics of moving back, other emotions, such as humbled, joy, lucky, blessed, also pop into mind.  

It's kind of crazy - most of you already probably know that I am doing a cycling event - from San Francisco to Los Angeles to raise money for HIV and AIDS related NGOs.  Crazy part is I am so amazed who is supporting me.  Friends from all over the world (who do not get the tax deduction), from Australia, Spain, Canada, Guatemala - I mean, how lucky am I to have the support of these awesome people.

On the flip side, I've only raised $700, and that is a long way to go until $3,000.  Considering that the first round of donations are the easiest - the last $2,000 is going to be a bumpy ride, but that's ok, I have some fundraisers planned pretty soon! 

Well besides fundraising, there is also the issue of getting back into shape - which will probably be a completely separate blog.  I have partied hard this summer and I've gained about 15 pounds, which isn't that big of a deal, my weight normally yo-yos, but getting started is always the hardest.

That and not having enough for a bike, which is actually no longer the problem since I sold nearly all of my high-end electronics.  I sold two of my laptops (Alienware M18X R2 and a MacBook Pro 13 Retina), and 2 phones (iPhone 6 64GB and Huawei P8 Lite). 

Great thing is now I have money for a bike, bad thing is here in Hawaii, it is really overpriced.  I kind of wished I had an extra day in San Diego to go shopping for a bike.

That leaves me to the fact that I do not have transportation at the money, so I'll be walking about, which isn't a big deal for me, since I don't work that far from home, but it would be nice to already have a bike or also a car, but that's not going to happen until I have finished the 2016 AIDSLifeCycle.

Another thing right now is not having the space and things right now to properly organize.  I have to help my roommate clean out some things, which I don't mind, but I kinda wish I could just do it all and get it done.  Speaking of which, if you know anyone who wants this huge entertainment center - let me know.  Letting it go for free, just need someone with the manpower and a pickup truck to haul it away!

Shopping is also an issue too, I don't want to spend that much money on things right now, so the pantry is quite limited, but I'm alright with that too...

 Well, I am getting tired, sorry for the randomness which are my feelings, but the lack of sleep and natural light maybe too hard to overcome...zzzz. lol

YouTube: http://goo.gl/0vks5e 
Mahalo for reading. 
Until next time.

No comments: