Tuesday, August 21, 2012

TravelTalk - South Korea

Hey guys,

Sorry I haven't been online in ages!  Well, I've been online, but not posting on my blog - what's going on!?


Well, a lot of things actually.  Its finals week and I have one last essay to work on and considering its raining outside and I just had a Starbucks Venti Vanilla Soy Latte - extra hot with an extra shot, perhaps I can finish this paper tonight as well.


Alright, I'll be writing a lot more in the upcoming weeks, but I thought I would write about a particular country that I've visited and share some pictures.  I've shared a lot of pictures in my recent travels, but countries I've been to early 2000s haven't received much coverage.  

So yes, reminiscing when I was in my 20s.  OMG.  I'm old. o_O

Ok, South Korea.

Speaking of old - you have to remember that digital cameras just began and I spent $200 for a 2MP camera! Not to mention, I really had no clue what to take pictures of.

If you <3 -="-" do="do" food="food" get="get" i="i" is="is" it="it" korea="korea" korean="korean" like="like" lol="lol" nbsp="nbsp" no="no" o_o="o_o" other="other" p="p" place="place" than="than" there="there" to="to">

My time in South Korea was pretty short.  I was only there for 2 weeks.  I still remember when I checked my bank account.  Back in the day $20 equaled roughly 21,000 won (the local currency), I had a million won in my account!  WOW!

I remember many stories.  I was trying to take the train and NO ONE spoke English - trying to buy a train ticket was so hard... Funny part is when I was on the train and there was a stop, I got off and decided to get some local grub (you know I'm all about street food!)  I remember eating squid on a stick.  Also, they were hamburgers.  Hours later, I realized I hadn't seen any cows - to this date, I still have no idea what I ate.

One thing that was really surprising is the one time I finally splurged on a hotel (as opposed to a hostel) was the floor.  I was traveling in the winter - and the floor was heated!  Yes, the floor was heated!  Supposedly it lowers your heating bill by having heat radiate from the bottom, my toes were happy.

Here are some pictures from Korea.  Enjoy.

Tomorrow - Canada.







Mahalo for reading. 

Until next time.


No comments: