Saturday, July 28, 2012

LifeTalk - FriendTalk - Life Options

Life has a funny way of working out.

Earlier this year, I was hanging out with one of my bestest friends and after tons of food, laughter and threading appointment, we were talking about life and her wedding day (renewing vows) is on the same day as the race I signed up for, a 165 mile cycling event from Miami to the Keys.  This is completely weird because I have NOTHING at all planned for the whole year.

Then, the next news, getting the job in Spain.  Getting this job in Spain would mean I would miss out on this event (both actually) as well as my dad's 60th birthday.

I've been thinking about all of the different factors, and I've come to realize Life will go on.

If I head to Spain, all these three events will go on without me, if I stay and choose the wedding or the race, the other will happen without me.

and I guess that is what is starting to sink in.  I have been blessed with so many awesome friends all around the world, awesome sisters, and the best dad anyone could ask for.

When does it stop being about me?

Today, my nephew is having his 4th birthday party.  I realized, I haven't been to any.  While he loves my home made card with tons of pictures of him and me, I realize that I'm missing out.

While Spain is a great opportunity, I am having second doubts on everything else that I am missing.  

I recently had a falling out with one of my bestest friends in the world, well one of three friends who has met my whole family and I realize - life goes on.  I can wonder what happened, but my life is moving forward, being shaped by the people around me.  While it is unfortunate that we no longer talk, I finally have closure.  

Life will continue to go on, and the decisions you make in life, affect you as a person.

To Spain or not to Spain?!

Mahalo for reading. 

Until next time.

No comments: