Tuesday, April 24, 2012

AppTalk - Draw Something & TechTalk Android - Windows 7.5

Yes, I admit - I am late to the party!  Normally, I am first in line with my VIP ticket... this time around, the party happened last month and I am just reading about it.  Where have I been?

Well, this wildly popular app started on Facebook (which I do not have), then migrated on to iOS (which I no longer have), and finally joined the Android team - which I am finally excited about.  With recent apps like Temple Run also joining the Android team - there is no reason for me to switch to Apple.

Actually, now that we are talking about switching.  I use both a Dell Venue Pro and a LG G2X and I find myself loving the windows interface, but I use my G2X more often simply because of the applications.

Example - Yelp does not have a check-in feature on their Windows counterpart (Boo!) RunKeeper never works correctly on my Windows phone.  Not to mention a plethera of other applications that are non-existent yet on Windows Phone.  We all have our dealbreakers and these two are for me.

Yes, windows does have good games (albeit overpriced), but if you're into earning achievement points for playing your games - hey why not?!

OK... wow back to Draw Something!

There have been other applications (web, mobile) that have attempted to create this formula, but DrawSomething gets it right.  It's one on one, makes it easier by providing certain characters as opposed to the whole alphabet.  

If you're reading this - you're probably already using it... so I guess I need not say more.  If you don't have this game yet - try it out! It's great fun and there is a free version!


Mahalo for reading. 

Until next time.

No comments: