Thursday, January 22, 2009

Australian Open

AUSTRALIAN OPEN

Last night I stayed up until 1AM watching my pick to win the 2009 Australian Open.

I am very upset that Venus Williams has lost in the 2nd round, and so are my neighbours.

Just to share the magnitude of this loss... let's talk about some facts... Venus Williams ranked 6th in the world. 6'1" tall, 7 Grand Slam titles. Carla Suarez Navarro (you're not alone if you've never heard of her...) ranked in the 40s, 5'4" tall, 1st time in a Grand Slam event. I am just shocked. Ms. Carla Suarez Navarro never served over 100 mph. After the 2nd set and Venus was up a break on the 3rd, I thought the game was hers...

Ugh! I really could talk about this for days. I was thinking I'd love to see Venus in Melbourne (my fav city)... If I went down there this year and saw her lose, I'd lose it. SERIOUSLY.

I'm tired and cranky. blah.

Photobucket
Mahalo for reading.

Until next time.

No comments: