Tuesday, March 05, 2013

SpainTalk - TechTalk - Shipping

I've been talking a lot about shipping recently and this is pretty much just to describe my experience with receiving packages.  I love to shop online and I would recommend for everyone to buy everything that they need online and ship it...

With the exception of cell phones and laptops or other electronic devices.  I don't have a problem with paying taxes - actually, I calculate it in my price when I buy an item... but apparently Spain customs has a fascination with my electronic things - which I don't really mind (its just a shame really).

DO NOT SHIP ELECTRONICS TO SPAIN - DO NOT DO IT.

Friends and family, I love you, but get me a gift card - I'll buy it another way.

1st case - USPS and ADT postales.

This package has been in Spain since February 6th.
Will I ever see it?! WHO KNOWS. 

Apparently, a blue netbook is a cause for customs to keep it under wraps.  I've sent every form, invoice, signed documents, my passport, the promise of my 1st child (since I don't plan to have any), but apparently that isn't enough... at this point, I might have them ship it back to my dad and I'll just and get it in June...


2nd Case - DHL and DHL customs

This one is quite special.  The package has taken 72 hours to get from China to Spain and it looks like I'll be going on Semana Santa before I see this package.

I don't mind paying for taxes and I've actually been corresponding (in Spanish) but she started writing in English - probably because her Spanish is better than my English...

What I don't understand is..

You're estimating 105 eur on a phone that cost 135 eur (CLICK HERE for blog post).

a) I lost my phone - so #duh 
- that is why you can't call me and that is why I ordered this generic ass cheap phone.
b) What do you mean you tell me an exact amount?  YOU ARE CUSTOMS DEPARTMENT - IF YOU CAN'T TELL ME - WHO WILL? and not only that... you want me to PAY YOU A DHL DISPATCH COMMISSION - for doing something that you don't how much it will be?
c) I have to wait another day - because she gets off work at 15:00.


 Needless to say - go ahead and buy your ties, t-shirts, small electronics on eBay - I haven't had a problem with 99% of shipping things to Spain - the moment you have to go to through clearance - you might as well have them send that package back - this is causing too much of a headache to deal with.

I wish I lived in Madrid - it would probably be faster to stop by there and ask exactly what is going on... 

Mahalo for reading. 

Until next time.

No comments: